Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just to keep you updated..... You know.

So this is what I'm excited about....

1. Day off of work tomorrow.

2. Only two days of work until vacation(Well, me taking a week off of work)

3. Music on Sunday(Like every Sunday)

4. Hopefully hanging out with friends tomorrow.

5. One week until B-dog comes back.

6. One week until I hang out with Jon and Em.

7. Writing some stuff with Justin.

8. My new house.

9. The wet, cold weather.(I love it!!)

So today at work.
I was listening to another parent talking about there child who takes lessons. He very proudly tells me "He's so good. He doesn't even need sheet music. He just hears it, and plays it." At this point he obviously looks me up and down. And then goes on to ask me "Can you do that?" I answered,"Yes, a little bit". He replies with "Well, you should hear him, he has special talent"
The conversation seemed to go on forever. But at the end, he asks one more Cocky question. "So how long have you been playing guitar?" I answer "A little more than three years" At this, he gives a smirk that I thought was possible by the only richest of the rich, snobby of snobs, soccer moms. But no, Somehow he pulled it off. Quickly after, he went and sat down and waited quietly( Thank God)
I'm not writing this to show you what a jackass that guy was.(Well, half and half.) I'm just wondering why every parent I meet at work thinks there kid is the next big superstar. Is it that they just want there kid to be special or above average? Is it that they want something to hope in?(not many are hoping in our new president anymore. But not enough time to go into that.) I wonder if I'm going to be that parent? I wonder if my parents do that?(just not as Cocky or jackassy as that guy)

Just some thoughts...... You know.....

1 comment:

  1. alright...a couple of things>
    1. The tetris won't work for me. That's how lame this computer is.
    2. I am envious of your week off of work. LUCKY!
    3. I think parents should tell thier kids "Eh. You're alright at the guitar" That way they didn't wreck the kids self-esteem and they didn't give them false home. Perfect. I'm writing a book on parenting.

    ReplyDelete